Saturday, February 13, 2010

One sided love gone wrong

I couldn't feel my wrists. The rope was tight. I couldn't see anything. Everything was black. I was breathing heavily. Each breath became heavier and faster. I couldn't smell anything but dirt and my shoes were gone.
I heard a smirk from behind me. I froze. Who was that. Why am I here?

"You don't remember anything. Do you?" the voice asked while another high pitched voice giggled. Strange.
I didn't reply. Just then, the smell of cologne whiffed past my nose. I wanted to cry.
I felt the presence of a warm body come next to me.
A pair of hands pulled off the cloth covering my eyes.
I slowly opened them and looked around. I was in a basement.
The lights flickered and in that brief moment I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Karen?!" I yelled in shock.

It was the girl from my math class. Next to her was my girlfriend's body, partly covered by a garbage bag. Her clothes were torn off. Half of her leg looked like it had been drilled by a power tool. Karen shrugged her shoulders as she reached out for a pack of nails. Her hands were stained red.

"Ttthis is what yyyou get." She said stuttering quietly, "Tthis is what yyou get for cheating on mme. I llloved you. But you chose this ssslut."
"I don't even know yo--"
"Shut up!"
"You're craz--"
"I'm going to kill you if you don't shut up!"

A person was coming down the stairs.
The smell of cologne again.
"You didn't kill him yet?" the person asked. He laughed, "every year it gets funnier and funnier. Give these guys a break."

Karen shrugged her shoulders and started loading up a nail gun.

"Be careful with that..." the guy said, "You don't want that to hit your new nose."

"F$#k off Bailey." She said, her eyes glaring my way.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't believe my eyes.
My voice trembled as I tried to speak to her, "Please just let me out. I won't tell the cops. I won't do shit. Just let me out. please."

"Hhappy Valentines Dday" she said pointing the nail gun at me.
I swear my life flashed before my eyes.

1 comment: